What is RMT?
This is a question we hear often. ‘What is RMT?’, and we have the answer for you. It is an abbreviation for a registered massage therapist (RMT). A regulated health profession in Ontario, which requires massages done by a RMT. Furthermore, they are required to register with the college of massage therapists of Ontario (CMTO). Most noteworthy, is the requirements differ depending on the province you find yourself in as well. The list below is for Ontario.
Some of the Requirements Include:
- Completing competency-based education at educational institutions recognized by the government of Ontario.
- Provide a letter of standing, and ensured he or she is not convicted or has criminal charges.
- Successfully completing a massage therapy diploma program and CMTO’s certification examinations.
- Demonstrate that they are a Canadian citizen or that they are a permanent resident of Canada.
Another detail is that those who are a part of the College can use the official title. The title is massage therapist or registered massage therapist.
Moving on, an RMT manipulates the soft tissues of the body including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints. Also, the massage therapy helps with any discomfort associated with everyday and occupational stresses, muscular pain and other chronic pain conditions. Likewise, if done early enough after accidents involving trauma and injury, massage therapy can greatly reduce the development of painful muscular patterning.
Some other benefits include:
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis.
- Stress relief and associated conditions.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains.
- Back pain.
- Also many other conditions.
Consequently, having an RMT look into your problems is definitely some you can and should consider. Here at Wellness Mountain, we have RMT’s who can offer you their service if you are interested. Finally, if you still have questions about RMT or registered foot massage, please contact us!